Holistic Veterinary Services
Veterinary Orthopedic Manipulation
With VOM, animals can recover from many types of conditions at an incredible speed. Orthopedic adjustment clears the central nervous system of tensions that build up energetically and physically and the rest is up to the body. Orthopedic care, such as VOM, does not really address conditions, but the cause of the condition.
Lameness, hip dysplasia, intervertebral disc disease, urinary and fecal incontinence, Wobblers’ syndrome, joint disorders, laryngeal paralysis , digestive disorders, endocrine disorders, behavioral problems, progressive myelopathies, and many more.
Acupuncture is the oldest form of medicine, used in veterinary practice in China for at least 4000 years. Acupuncture works primarily via the central nervous system and is known to affect all major physiologic systems (musculoskeletal, hormonal and cardiovascular). This therapy can be used by itself or in conjunction with Western medicine. Acupuncture enables the body to heal itself by stimulating specific points on the body that have the ability to alter various biochemical and physiologic conditions.
Acupuncture can relieve or eliminate many common problems:
- Musculoskeletal (arthritis, bursitis, vertebral disc disease, hind end weakness)
- Skin problems (itching and scratching, allergies, lick granulomas)
- Respiratory (such as feline asthma)
- Digestive (diarrhea, vomiting)
- Internal Medicine (heart disease, kidney disease)
- Neurologic Disorders (degenerative myelopathy, laryngeal paralysis, epilepsy)
Treatments are painless as laser energy increases circulation, drawing water, oxygen and nutrients to the damaged tissue. This creates an optimal healing environment that reduces inflammation, swelling, muscle spasms, stiffness and pain.
During laser therapy the infrared laser light interacts with tissues at the cellular level, and metabolic activity increases within the cell, improving the transport of nutrients across the cell membrane. This initiates the increased production of cellular energy (ATP) that leads to a cascade of beneficial effects, increasing cellular function and health.
Laser therapy can help with the following:
- Osteoarthritis, disc disease, joint pain
- Edema and congestion
- Muscle, tendon and ligament injuries
- Post-surgical pain and inflammation
- Neck and back pain
- Chronic wounds
- Post-orthopedic surgery recovery
Veterinary Herbal Medicine
When we say “herbal”, what we are referring to is any natural plant substance. In Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM), that definition would be extended to include substances of mineral or animal origin. At CHAI, we use both TCVM and western herboligy which allows for the widest and most inclusive options for your pet.
With herbal therapies, side effects are rare, because these formulas and herbs have been studied for literally hundreds of years – far longer than Western drugs are studied before they are marketed to the public. We utilize many forms of herbs: tablets, capsules, and freeze-dried herbal formulations; tinctures; and even topicals. This variety of formulations allows us to find the preparation that will be most effective to administer to your dog or cat.
If you are unsure of how to administer an herbal preparation to your cat or dog, please ask any of our technicians for tips or a demonstration.
Our dietary recommendations are formulated taking into account a variety of factors such as the species, age, breed, weight, work the animals is expected to perform and their disease or condition.
Individual food therapy programs suitable for your lifestyle that range from complete home-made diets to commercially available pet foods can be formulated for your pet.
Stem Cell Treatment
- Joint pain
- Cartilage damage
- Tendon & ligament damage
- Hip dysplasia
Your pet will undergo a simple surgical procedure to obtain a fat tissue sample. The tissue sample will be processed to obtain highly viable & potent regenerative stem cells. The stem cells are then delivered back to your pet at the injury site. Because the injected cells are derived from the animal’s own tissue and are minimally manipulated there is almost no risk of rejection or reaction.
The main goal of stem cell therapy is to provide long-term anti-inflammatory effects, slow the progression of cartilage degeneration and initiate healing of the damaged tissue. This provides pain relief within a few days to a few weeks after the injection with further improvement as healing progresses.
We require a Cancer screening blood test, X-rays and general blood work, before the pet can be accepted for the procedure.
Integrative Nutrition Therapy
Food is considered to have the same energetic actions as herbs (cooling, warming etc) for treating disease and its application is based on similar principles but with a much broader range of applications. Food energetics refers to the effects food has on the digestion, physiological processes and metabolism of the body.
Chinese nutrition therapy follows the same diagnostic and treatment principles as acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. Chinese nutrition therapy can be thought of as food used as medicine. You can learn more detailed information here
What are the benefits of reiki for pets?
- Because reiki is healing energy, it will never harm you or your pet.
- It can be given to any type of animal.
- If your pet has emotional problems due to a traumatic situation such as abuse, neglect, or a traumatic injury, reiki can help release and heal those emotions.
- For behavioral issues such as nervousness or hyperactivity, reiki can help your pet relax and reduce their stress and anxiety.
- If your pet is sick or injured, reiki can help your pet heal more quickly. If your pet is facing a serious illness, reiki can help bring comfort and be a great compliment to conventional treatment.
- If your beloved pet is dying, reiki for animals can help bring peace and comfort to you and your pet during this difficult time. It really seems to help them relax so they are not afraid and struggling to stay a part of our lives.
What are the benefits of muscle testing for your pet?
- Muscle testing can help you determine if you or your pet is allergic to certain foods or products.
- It can help you find what are the best foods and supplements for you and your pet.
- You can even determine the right amount of a food or product to offer.
Questions About Services and Pricing? Give One of Our CHAI Staff Members a Call Today!
"Outstanding. The facility and staff here all have a great energy. Highly recommended, could not be happier with how well they handled our usually nervous pup. Two paws up.- J Walt
"I am so happy I finally found a great vet! It is scary to have a sick pet and not know who to turn to. CHAI has a great atmosphere and has totally improved the quality of life for my cat. I am so thankful!- E. Ink
"Absolutely love the experience here and both the doctor and the staff are fabulous. I have looked for a healthier way to treat my animals for years and this is it! Highly recommend this clinic.- B. Kwasnik